Want to Donate to The Women's Center?
The Women's Center is funded through a variety of sources including the United Way of Waukesha County, government and
private foundation grants, and corporate and community donations. Donations to The Women's Center support the free
programs and services offered to clients. Services include emergency shelter, transitional living, group and individual
counseling, onsite and respite childcare, legal advocacy, employment counseling, Hispanic outreach, community education,
child abuse prevention programming, and a 24-hour crisis line.
See our urgent need items, listed under In-Kind Donations.
To make an online donation, click here
(Visa, MasterCard or Discover; please avoid using dashes, hyphens or apostrophes when filling out e-form. Thank you!)
You can also mail donations to:
The Women's Center
P.O. Box 554
Waukesha, WI 53187-0554
Download The Women's Center's Wish List.
Download the Book Wish List (these books are needed to give to clients).
Click here to view our Financial Report
The Women's Center is a 501(C)3 organization and tax deductable to the fullest extent allowed by law. All contributions will be acknowledged by mail.
Easy Ways to Give -- "Give-Back Programs":
Use Goodsearch as your main search engine and they'll give money back to The Women's Center. Also, shop select stores online through GoodShop, and they'll give 3% of your purchase back too! Visit their link to find out more:
Shelter Alliance -- Donating Cell Phones
When you donate your old cell phones to The Women's Center, we keep some for clients to use for emergencies, and the rest we sent to Shelter Alliance. Shelter Alliance pays us $10-$30 for every phone we send in.
The Women's Center and Sister House Shelter are in need of the following items. Please contact The Women's Center at 262-547-4600 if you are interested in making an in-kind donation and to arrange for delivery of your donation.
Non-perishable food and essential household and personal care items are requested. Due to limited storage space, we are unable to accept gifts of clothing, knick knacks, decorations, stuffed animals, used games and toys.
The Women's Center greatly appreciates ALL donations. However, we are running low on the following items:
- Food for client food boxes
- School supplies
- Paper towels
- Women's PJs (all sizes: S-XXXL)
- Body wash
- Pampers: sizes 5 and 6
- Gift cards to: Walgreens, Pick 'n Save, gas stations; phone cards
- Batteries C & D
- Boys PJs, size large
- "Double" strollers
- Ethnic baby dolls
- Coffee and Mr. Coffee filters
- Bagless vacuum cleaner
Items for Shelter use:
- Waukesha County bus tickets
- Baby monitors and 9-volt batteries
- Assorted sizes of batteries
- Alarm clocks
- Pots, pans, mixing bowls, dishes, etc.
- Kitchen utensils
- Pillows and pillowcases
- Twin size sheets and blankets
- Laundry detergent and Fabric softener
- Full size personal hygiene items (shampoo, soap, lotion, etc.)
- African American hair care products
- Baby care items (wipes, diapers)
- Pack and Play portable cribs and play pens
- Cleaning products
- Paper towels
- Mops, brooms, bag less vacuums
- Kitchen and bathroom linens
- Clorox wipes
- School supplies
- Phone cards
Family Dollar, Wal-mart, Target, Kohl's, Walgreen's, groceries, gas, fast food places.
- Macaroni & cheese
- Spaghettis and mini ravioli
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Condiments (Mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, etc.)
- Breakfast cereal
- Snacks for school lunches (i.e. granola bars)
- Coffee and creamer
- Hot chocolate
- Cooking oil
- Vanilla extract
- Cake and brownie mixes and Pancake Mix
- Canned soup and fruit
- Hamburger and Tuna Helper
- Books, journals, and diaries
- Arts and crafts supplies
- Jewelry, and hair accessories
- Nail care items and make-up
- Personal Care products for boys
- Games and handheld video games
- Non-violent toys
- Personal CD player
- Dolls (mixed races)
- Backpacks (plain)