Call the Volunteer Coordinator (262-522-3845) before completing the application or if you have any questions. Thank you for your interest in volunteering.
Want to Volunteer at The Women's Center?
There are many areas in which an individual can volunteer. The interests of an individual can be matched with the
duties of a volunteer position to create an exciting and rewarding volunteer experience. Most of the volunteer
positions require an intensive training which is offered free of charge.
Other positions require only an orientation to The Women’s Center. We work with volunteers to accommodate their schedules because we know that most people have work, families, and other activities in their lives.
We apologize, but we are unable to accommodate court ordered community service volunteers. Also, all on-going volunteers must be at least 18 years old. Reference and background checks are conducted for all potential volunteers.
Volunteers are expected to maintain strict confidentiality. The volunteer program consists of two groups of volunteers; which are the following:
- Advocates: Volunteers who provide direct services to clients.
- General Volunteers:Those who provide indirect services.
- On-call Advocates - Provide after-hour advocacy and emergency transportation to Sister House for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault from all areas of Waukesha County. (Own transportation and proof of auto insurance required.)
- Gentle Men - Work at Sister House providing a warm, nurturing, non-sexist, non-violent male role model for children. (Daytime, evening, and/or weekend hours)
- Childcare Assistant - Assist with on-site childcare for clients using services at The Women's Center. (Daytime and evening hours)
- Receptionist - Assist with light office duties, mailings, answering phones, etc. Daytime coverage during lunch hour and staff meetings needed. Training will be provided.
- Fund Raising - Offer sales and marketing expertise to raise funds for The Women's Center programs and services.
- Maintenance Volunteers - Assist in the maintenance of The Women's Center's buildings and grounds.
- Special Events - Help plan and organize community awareness events. There are opportunities for involvement throughout the year or on a one-time basis.
- Clerical/Special Projects - Help office staff in a variety of areas. There are opportunities for involvement throughout the year or on a one-time basis.
- Gardening/Yard Maintenance - Help maintain The Women's Center gardens, and landscaping (weeding, planting, etc.) Seasonal assistance needed.
- Food Pantry/Donations Sorting - Assist in maintaining organization of the shelter food pantry, sorting donations, and packing food boxes for families.
The Women's Center is very grateful for the help of our many volunteers. Feel free to contact our Volunteer Coordinator with any questions before submitting your application.Download and fill out the Volunteer Application and then send it to the address on the form.